In 2007, when Stephen was only 11 years old, his family decided it was time to race in a full-size racecar. He started racing a FastTruck in several different series. Being the youngest competitor on the track made Stephen a fan favorite. His age impressed even the veteren drivers. Especially when they found themselves sitting in 2nd place behind Stephen in the winner’s circle.
In 2008, Stephen continued racing the truck, but was also introduced to a Late Model. He dominated most the races and no one could believe their eyes or his age. Stephen raced 3 races in the ASA South Series. He shocked everyone when he qualified on the front row in his First ASA Event in New Symrna with a field of 30 cars.
2009, was a season of surprises. SNR has uped their competiton level and has opted to travel with the most competitive series‘ around. Stephen, at the young age of 13, saw tremedious success running with the big boys. He broke the track record at South Georgia Motorsports Park, and set fast time at New Symrna Speedweeks. He brought home the win from New Smryna during Speedweeks Crate Late Model main event. Shortly after Stephen’s 14th birthday, he got the opportunity to race a Pro Cup Car in the USAR Pro Cup Series with Dave Pletcher in South Boston. He brought home a strong finish, and was awarded Rookie of the Race. He is the youngest driver to win DeSoto Super Speedway‘s Hoosier Elite SeaFest, which was an emotional win for our young driver who dedicated the race to his friend and race car fabricater, Eddie Brann (EBR Race Cars), who died of a massive heart attack weeks prior to the race. Stephen celebrated in victory lane with his wife, Barbie, and lots of friends and family members. The last race of 2009 was Stephen’s first appearance at the World Crown 300 where he finished 8th beating some of racings most prestigious drivers.
2010 was Stephen’s year to shine. Stephen won 2 races in the World Series of Asphalt events at New Smyrna Speedway. He dominated the Crate Late Models, and he made his debut in the Super Late Model where he proved he is here to stay. Stephen raced the Baby Rattler at South Alabama Speedway for the first time ever, and led 88 of the 125 laps in the Pro Late Model race. He eventually was passed and settled for a 2nd place finish. Stephen made his debut in the USAR Pro Cup Series (Formerly Hooter’s Pro Cup) for his first full season. He crushed the old track record in qualifying and started his first race on the front row. In only his second Pro Cup race Stephen brought home his first top 3 finish. He finished the 2010 seaon with his best finish of the year, 2nd place. Ran 2nd in points for the Rookie of the Year title (6 point seperation). At the Governor’s Cup 200, Stephen led the most laps and was passed with 3 laps to go by Super Late Model veteran David Rogers.
MEET STEPHEN NASSE
DOB: May 5, 1995 (18 years old)
Hometown: Pinellas Park, Florida
2000-2006 - Go-Karts
- Class Champion in both Open & Champ Karts from Dirt Devils Speedway
- 2-time Florida State Champion in both Open & Champ Karts.
- Placed in the top 3 drivers in the National Rankings.
2006-2007 - ProTruck
- Youngest driver to race with the adult class in a ProTruck at Desoto Super Speedway.
- Stephen Nasse racked up numerous wins at various tracks by the end of the 2007 racing season.
- Although seat time was more important to the SNR team than points, Stephen still managed to finish in the top 10 in points at most of the tracks.
2007-2008 - ProTruck & Late Model
- Set Fast time 6 times at Charlotte County Motorsports Park.
- Brought home wins 6 times from Charlotte County Motorsports Park.
- At Desoto Super Speedway, we visited victory lane 3 times.
- We have never finished outside the top 5 at Charlotte County Motorsports Park.
- Stephen has enjoyed expanding his resume by adding the Limited Late Model this season.
2008-2009 - Crate Late Model
- Set Fast Time at SpeedWeeks at New Smyrna Speedway
- Won the 50 Lap Feature Event at SpeedWeeks
- Broke the track record at South Georgia MotorSports Park
- Set Fast time at South Georgia MotorSports Park
- Debuted in USAR Pro Cup & awarded “Rookie of the Race”
- Finished 4th in ASA South Points
- Won DeSoto Super Speedway’s Hoosier Elite SeaFest
- Raced with the big boys at Gresham Motorsports Park for the World Crown 300 and finished 8th
2009-2010 -Crate & Super Late Model, USAR Pro Cup
- Won 2 nights in a row at The World Series of Asphalt
- Made his debut in the Super Late Model, with a strong field of 30 competitors, he finished 7th. Not bad for his first time.
- 1st time at the Baby Rattler at South Alabama Speedway, started 4th, led 88 laps, and finished 2nd.
- Broke USAR Pro Cup track record at Gresham Motorsports Park
- Brought home first top 3 finish in 2nd USAR Pro Cup start at New Smyrna Speedway
- Closed out the season with 2nd place finish in the USAR Pro Cup
- Came in 2nd for Rookie of the Year, trailing only by 6 points
- Led the most laps at Florida’s Governor’s Cup
- First driver ever to start a Crate, Super, and Pro Cup Late Model race at New Smyrna Speedway in one season
2011- 2012 - Super Late Model & K&N East
- Won the Red Eye 100 at New Smyrna Speedway
- Won the Easter Bunny 150 at Hickory Motor Speedway
- Won Night #1 at New Smyrna’s World Series of Asphalt
- Set Fast Time 2 Nights in a row during the World Series of Asphalt
- Broke the track record and set fast time at North Wilkesboro Speedway at the biggest Super Late Model event of the year with a 18.700, First out of 77 cars trying to make into the race.
- Sat on the pole for the World Crown 300.
- Made NASCAR K&N Pro Series East debut at Richmond International Raceway in April, 2012
2013 - Super Late Models
- Won Red Eye 100 at New Smyrna, Became only the sixth multi-time winner of the historic Kick-Off Super Late Model race
- Won one feature at Smyrna Speedweeks, time trialed on front row six times
- Second at Rattler 250 at South Alabama Speedway
- Won SSS Pole at Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway (TN)